There are two ways to travel independently (i.e., not on a pre-arranged Galapagos Islands cruise) to get between the main islands of Santa Cruz, Isabela & San Cristobal.
BY SEA (FERRY)
- ISLANDS SERVED: SANTA CRUZ, ISABELA & SAN CRISTOBAL
- OPERATOR(S): Various, INGALA
DAILY: Puerto Ayora – San Cristobal (14h00)
DAILY: San Cristobal – Puerto Ayora (06h30)
DAILY: Puerto Ayora – Isabela (14h00)
DAILY: Isabela – Puerto Ayora (06h00)
- COST: Approximately USD $40 per person (one way)
If you are in a hurry or cannot acquire a space on the ferry, you can contract a private boat in any of the port towns. Private transportation will be more expensive. Prices are negotiable, but you should expect to pay between $80 and $100 one-way to either San Cristóbal or Isabela. However, it will be faster and most certainly guided, since local boat-owners love to share their knowledge with tourists. The capitanía, or port captain, should also be able to tell you which boats are going to these islands and their expected departure times, or just ask around.
- ISLANDS SERVED: BALTRA, ISABELA & SAN CRISTOBAL
- OPERATOR(S): EMETEBE (5-passenger Cesna-type plane)
- SCHEDULE: Daily (if passengers)
- TRIP/JOURNEY: Approximately 30 minutes flight
- COST: Approximately USD $120 per person (one way)/ USD $260 per person (roundtrip)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Rates & schedules are very much subject to change!